After reviewing the Polestar 2 and giving it very excessive notes, Autogefühl not too long ago examined the all-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge from the identical automotive household and constructed on the identical platform.
Because it seems, the XC40 Recharge can also be getting a excessive rating because it’s an amazing crossover/SUV – enjoyable to drive, agile, nice for metropolis, quiet inside, and stress-free. The inside high quality is excessive, the Google-based infotainment system works nice, there is no such thing as a compromise on the trunk capability in comparison with the standard model and there’s a frunk (an additional entrance trunk). The vary is not market-leading, nevertheless it’s respectable.
For many of us, the Volvo XC40 Recharge will likely be too costly, beginning at round €60,000 in Germany, however as Autogefühl notes, the pricing appears aggressive within the premium section.
Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 specs:
- 208 miles (335 km) of EPA vary
418 km (260 miles) of WLTP vary
- 78 kWh battery pack (75 kWh usable, 400 V, 320 kW of energy) (cells from LG Chem/CATL)
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.9 seconds (4.7 seconds to 60 mph)
- twin motor all-wheel-drive
- system output of 300 kW (408 hp) and 660 Nm (one 150 kW motor per axle)
- DC quick charging 0-80% in 40 minutes (at as much as 150 kW peak)
- AC: 11 kW three-phase on-board charger (Europe)
- weight of two,150 to 2,250 kg (4,740-4,960 lbs) relying on model/tools
- cargo capability of 413 liters + 31 in entrance trunk
- most roof load: 165 kilos (75 kg)
- Towing capability of as much as 1,500 kg (3,307 lbs)
- based mostly on Compact Modular Structure (CMA)