LEM, a worldwide specialist in electrical measurement for industrial and automotive functions, has launched its new DC billing meter (DCBM), a compact billing answer for public DC quick chargers. The DCBM has an influence measurement vary from 25 kW to 600 kW, and is a legally licensed meter that gives correct buyer billing.
LEM’s new DCBM is compliant with Germany’s Eichrecht regulation, which requires that buyers are solely charged for the DC energy that’s provided to the battery. Further requirements are being established not solely on the European stage but in addition on the worldwide stage, in addition to within the state of California.
LEM says its DCBM was developed to fulfill market calls for for interoperability and knowledge safety. It’s designed to be simply retrofitted to present chargers, and may present energy at as much as 600 A/1,000 V. The DCBM affords Ethernet communications, and helps the HTTPS/REST protocol to permit fast integration and deployment in charging stations.
The DCBM additionally integrates the signed billing knowledge units specified by the SAFE OCMF protocol, permitting billing knowledge to be transmitted with a excessive stage of safety and offering interoperability for cloud service operators.
• Standardized Direct Present Billing Meter in compliance with VDE-AR-E-2418-3-100
• Meter accuracy might be adjusted relying on the charging cable in use
• LCD reveals dwell measurements, power, alarms and authorized knowledge
• Ethernet communication permits fast integration and deployment in charging stations
• Signed billing knowledge units provide safety and interoperability for cloud service operators