The fireplace service car producer Rosenbauer lately unveiled three pioneering electrical fireplace vans – referred to as “Revolutionary Know-how” (RT) – which quickly will start real-world buyer testing in Berlin, Amsterdam and Dubai. It took three years to return so far.
The plug-in hybrid RT (EREV sort truly) was shown earlier this year. It is powered by (a part of the Volvo Group, which incorporates additionally Volvo Vans and Volvo Buses) tech, so it ought to be as dependable as the electrical buses.
“The hybrid tank firefighting autos are far forward of contemporary commonplace autos by way of their operational tactical advantages, loading choices and firefighting tools, and are revolutionary in each respect.”
“The drive expertise, car structure, operability and connectivity specifically are revolutionary, making the RT supreme for the on a regular basis duties of the hearth division of the long run.”
The usual battery pack is comparatively small – 50 kWh (there’s additionally 100 kWh possibility), but it surely ought to be sufficient to function on quick distances. As soon as batteries are depleted, there’s a diesel generator, which gives electrical energy similar to in a basic extended-range electrical car.
With dual-motor all-wheel drive (360 kW complete), the RT is reportedly accelerating as shortly because the airport rescue and fire-fighting autos with 1,000 HP engines.
The RT can be prepared to provide energy for the drafting level. It might energy a number of exterior units, reminiscent of followers or submersible pumps, concurrently, with a complete energy consumption of as much as 18 kW. The extinguishing water pump is operated both electrically by way of a generator or by the vary extender (diesel engine).
Rosenbauer’s electrical fireplace truck “Revolutionary Know-how” (RT) specs:
- 50 kWh battery pack (commonplace, 550 kg) or 100 kWh (possibility)
- Volvo Penta electrical driveline
- twin motor all-wheel drive (one electrical motor per axle, with two-speed gearbox every)
- system output of as much as 360 kW (490 HP) and as much as 50,000 Nm for all wheels
a six-cylinder diesel engine with an output of 200 kW (272 HP) and an influence generator
- DC quick charging at as much as 150 kW (50-80% in a single hour within the case of 100 kWh model)
- energy export function of as much as 18 kW
- 2.35 m large and seven.30 m lengthy with a wheelbase of three,800 m (additionally obtainable with wheelbases of 4,100 mm and 4,400 mm), peak is 2.90 m
- complete weight of 18 tons