Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely Holding) introduced earlier this 12 months an all-new and really attention-grabbing Sustainable Expertise Structure (SEA) platform, envisioned for all-electric autos.
The SEA will be capable of deal with quite a lot of purposes:
- vehicles A-Phase by way of to bigger D and E section, and even Mild Industrial Autos
- front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive
- single-, dual- or triple- motor configuration plus a range-extender choice
- excessive efficiency, together with acceleration from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in lower than 3 seconds
- long-range of greater than 700 km (435 miles) – underneath NEDC take a look at cycle we assume
- battery pack lifespan of two million km (1.24 million miles)
- over-the-air software program updates
- 5-star security rankings
- excessive quantity collection manufacturing
The Chinese language group intends to deploy SEA throughout its portfolio of 9 world automotive manufacturers which collectively bought over 2 million models in 2019, beginning in 2021 with the Lynk & Co model.
Let’s recall that moreover the Geely model, the group embody additionally: Volvo, Polestar, Lotus, London Electrical Car Firm (LEVC), sensible, 9.7% of Daimler, Lynk & Co, Geometry, Zhidou, Maple, Farzion and Proton.
Geely stated additionally that SEA would be the first open-source platform and that it has entered into preliminary discussions with different world Authentic Tools Producers concerning the potential use of the SEA structure.
The plan is to provide a whole bunch of hundreds of SEA primarily based autos in China within the short-term, after which ramp up in the long run, as soon as subsidiary manufacturers introduce their SEA primarily based fashions.
” Using SEA will appeal to prospects, each B2B and B2C, with unrivalled connectivity, shared automobile capabilities, e-motor capabilities, fixed over-the-air-updates that may preserve autos updated, main autonomous drive capabilities, and can supply a most vary in extra of 700km between recharging with the capability to extend vary sooner or later. Synergies generated by the structure inside Geely Holding are anticipated to cut back improvement prices at taking part manufacturers and to generate substantial financial savings on R&D prices.”
Li Shufu, Chairman and founding father of Geely Holding, stated:
“Our improvement of this transformative electrical automobile structure marks the largest leap ahead at Geely in additional than a decade. This far-reaching innovation will significantly develop the amount and scalability of our zero-emission fashions, and we intend to supply the advantages of this innovation to different producers – reflecting the frequent pursuits in our business in addressing the challenges of local weather change. Open-source architectures will probably be a trademark of latest mobility providers, of which Geely Holding is proud to be the pioneer.”
The primary mannequin, primarily based on the SEA platform would be the Lynk & Co Zero EV, proven within the idea model Lynk & Co Zero Idea on the Beijing Auto Present in September 2020.
It appears fairly engaging, and provides fairly compelling specs:
- as much as 700 km (435 miles) – underneath the NEDC take a look at cycle utilized in China
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in lower than 4 seconds
- 800 V battery system
- retain its vary with out degradation for not less than 200,000 km (124,000 miles) and have a design life of two,000,000 km (1.24 million miles)
- all-wheel drive
- “single 400+ kW electrical motor” (UPDATE: we guess it is a twin motor AWD system)
- over-the-air software program updates
- adaptive air suspension
“150mm-220mm height-adjustable air suspension and steady damping managed (CDC) electromagnetic shock absorbers”
- Lynk & Co’s CoPilot ADAS system (Mobileye’s Supervision Expertise and newest system-on-chip EyeQ5)
- “an ideal 50:50 physique weight ratio, physique size of 4950mm, and ultra-long wheel base of 2999mm”
Manufacturing of the Lynk & Co Zero EV will begin in mid-2021 at a brand new facility in Jap China.
The corporate is making ready to start out manufacturing and recently started dynamic testing of the pre-production prototypes.
Lynk & Co Zero EV – the primary manufacturing body-in-white (BIW)
Lynk & Co Zero EV prototype first dynamic testing in China