In the course of the spectacular and content-rich Tesla Battery Day, Elon Musk revealed that the progress on the Tesla Giga Austin in Texas is even sooner than the Tesla Giga Berlin in Grünheide close to Berlin in Germany.
The newest U.S. gigafactory in Texas is anticipated to be larger than another Tesla website to this point – at the least the plot is large and already 4 nameplates have been assigned to the manufacturing facility.
The plant is beneath building simply over two months since announcement now (more often than not the corporate needed to spend on reclaiming and leveling the bottom).
In Germany the works are additionally progressing rapidly because of excellent localization with the railway and using prefabricated parts. Nevertheless, priceless time was misplaced as a result of the problems with permissions and a redesign of basis idea.
Beside the 2 full blown building websites in Texas and Germany, Tesla can be close to to an finish with the 2nd part of Tesla Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai. This manufacturing facility already is ready to produce some 150,000-200,000 Mannequin 3, and inside a number of months ought to begin ramping up of the Mannequin Y at probably comparable quantity.
Tesla Gigafactory 5 in Austin, Texas:
- announced on July 23, 2020
- Semi: in improvement. To be launched in 2021 in Texas (in line with Q2 name)
- Cybertruck: in improvement, unveiled in late 2019, manufacturing from late 2021
- Mannequin Y/Mannequin 3: an extra manufacturing website within the U.S.
Tesla Gigafactory 4 (aka Tesla Giga Berlin) at temporary:
- situated within the Berlin-area (in Grünheide, Brandenburg, Germany), close to the brand new airport
- to supply Mannequin 3/Y beginning in 2021 with the Mannequin Y
- will produce additionally batteries (for certain modules/packs) and powertrains
- anticipated quantity of 500,000 yearly (unofficial goal), initially 150,000
- anticipated funding of €4 billion (unofficial)
- anticipated 10,000 jobs (unofficial)