Hyundai launched new photos of the IONIQ 5 electrical automotive forward of its launch subsequent month and makes a obscure declare about its fast-charging functionality.
Hyundai IONIQ 5
Final 12 months, the Korean automaker announced that “IONIQ” will become a new EV brand and confirmed three new electric cars to launch beneath it within the subsequent three years.
This isn’t to be confused with the present Hyundai Ioniq automotive provided in three totally different powertrains, together with an all-electric one.
Hyundai says that the brand new IONIQ model goes to function next-generation all-electric autos and represents its effort to “turn into one of many world’s high EV producers.”
The automaker already confirmed that the IONIQ model goes to start out with the launch of the IONIQ 5, a midsize CUV, in early 2021.
The corporate has been teasing the car currently, reminiscent of revealing that it will have bi-directional charging final month.
Now Hyundai is releasing far more data in a brand new teaser forward of the total unveiling subsequent month.
First off, the automaker launched a bunch of recent photos of the Hyundai IONIQ 5:
Whereas the pictures are obscured, they do reveal lots of the brand new electrical car, and Hyundai wished to focus on just a few issues in regards to the design:
- IONIQ 5’s signature design parts embrace Parametric Pixels, the smallest unit of digital imaging, in addition to its eco-friendly Shade Materials End (CMF) course that connects the analog with digital feelings, showcasing the IONIQ model’s timeless design worth.
- IONIQ 5’s front-end is adorned with arrays of pixel-inspired lights suggestive of the digital expertise inside. IONIQ 5 can be the primary Hyundai car to function a clamshell hood that spans the whole width of the automotive, thus minimizing panel gaps and making a clear and high-tech general look.
- Aero-optimized wheels additional echo the Parametric Pixel design theme, provided in a super-size 20-inch diameter, the most important rims ever fitted to a Hyundai EV. These full IONIQ 5’s perfected proportions, optimized for Hyundai’s new signature devoted EV structure.
Moreover, the corporate launched a sequence of movies in regards to the IONIQ 5.
The primary three are a part of a sequence of fast movies demonstrating the usage of the IONIQ 5’s bi-directional charging whereas tenting:
The final one is a trailer for what Hyundai calls the “5 min problem” the place they’ve just a few totally different digital gadgets “compete” towards the IONIQ 5 to see who can cost probably the most in 5 minutes:
Within the trailer, Hyundai claims that the IONIQ 5 can add 100 km (62 miles) of vary in 5 minutes of charging.
That declare is obscure contemplating that the quantity of vary added per minute of charging can range tremendously relying on the state of cost.
Hyundai IONIQ 5 leaked specs
Regardless, we have already got a fairly good thought of the specs of the Hyundai IONIQ 5 since they leaked on a pre-order page that went out a bit too early.
It reveals a helpful charging metric: 20% to 80% cost in quarter-hour.
Listed here are the remainder of the specs which have leaked:
- Electrical motor energy: 230 kW / 313 PS
- Drive: all-wheel drive
- Commonplace vary in keeping with WLTP: 450 km
- Acceleration: 5.2 seconds 0-100 km/h
- Schuko socket 1-phase: as much as 2.3 kW
- Wallbox at residence, 1- or 2-phase: as much as 11 kW
- AC accelerated charging: at a public charging station as much as 11 kW
- DC fast-charging: in quarter-hour from 20% to 80% cost doable, due to 800-volt expertise
- Size: 4,460 mm
- Width: 1,890 mm
- Peak: 1,600 mm
- Wheelbase: 3,000 mm
Extra data is anticipated in February when Hyundai will unveil the total electrical car, and it ought to begin deliveries only a few months after.
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.