It isn’t the lengthy awaited electrical automotive from Toyota, however hopefully it’ll make the corporate’s boss Akio Toyoda happy, who doesn’t appear to be a BEV supporter.
The important thing level concerning the Toyota C+pod is that it is small, environmentally-friendly and mainly an environment friendly transportation instrument.
With a 9 kWh battery, it may well go about 150 km (93 miles) round city, at speeds of as much as 60 km/h (37 mph). The motor is simply 9 kW peak.
In keeping with the press launch, in 2021 Toyota will promote C+pod to “company customers, native governments and different organizations which have been exploring new choices to drive the popularization of BEVs”. The total-scale launch to particular person clients is scheduled for 2022.
Costs of the C+pod are a lot decrease than for a full-size automotive, particularly electrical, however contemplating the capabilities of the C+pod, we’d not say it is inexpensive:
- Grade X: 1,650,000 Japanese yen ($15,940)
- Grade G: 1,716,000 Japanese yen ($16,580)
* Consists of consumption tax. Doesn’t embody recycling charges.
The manufacturing of the Toyota C+pod will happen on the Toyota’s Motomachi Plant plant in Japan.
Toyota C+pod specs:
- WLTC (Class 1) vary: 150 km (93 miles)
(Class 1 take a look at cycle – doesn’t embody freeway driving)
- WLTC (Class 1) vitality consumption of 54 Wh/km (86.9 Wh/mi)
- 9.06 kWh battery (51 Ah and 177.6 V)
- prime velocity of 60 km/h (37 mph)
- rear-wheel drive
- peak system output of 9.2 kW (2.6 kW steady) and 56 Nm of torque
Everlasting magnet electrical motor
- AC charging (on-board): 5 hours at 200 V/16 A charging level
- Size x Width x Peak (mm): 2,490 x 1,290 x 1,550
- Wheelbase (mm): 1,780
- curb weight: 670-690 kg
- Capability (seats): 2