Mercedes-Benz simply introduced that the brand new EQC will likely be outfitted with a 11 kW on-board charger (three-phase we assume) as normal (with fast impact), which shortens the recharge (10-100% SOC) from 11 hours to 7 hours and half-hour.
It is the primary noticeable improve to the EV specs of the EQC, which entered manufacturing in Might 2019. The transfer can also be no shock, as particularly in Europe, the 7.4 kW single-phase chargers are far much less helpful than the three-phase 11 kW (which hundreds three phases evenly – 3.7 kW every).
It is a lesson that every one producers have to take, and already many mainstream fashions are outfitted no less than optionally with 11 kW chargers.
Through the third quarter of 2020, Mercedes-Benz offered globally some 45,000 all-electric and plug-in hybrid automobiles (monthly results are no longer below 10,000). That represents about 7% of the overall.
We do not know the precise quantity of the EQC in Q3, however in September particularly, it was roughly 2,500.
The German producer notes a relentless improve of demand and orders and “step-by-step” will increase the manufacturing on the Bremen plant in Germany in addition to in Beijing, China by the Beijing Benz Automotive Co. Ltd three way partnership (BBAC).
“The EQC was the primary all-electric automobile to be built-in into ongoing manufacturing on the Mercedes-Benz Bremen plant in Might 2019. It’s produced there on the identical line because the C-Class Saloon and Property in addition to the GLC and GLC Coupé.”
The battery packs are produced by the Deutsche ACCUmotive within the Kamenz website (close to Dresden), Germany and individually in China.
“The batteries for the EQC in Bremen are produced by the totally owned Mercedes‑Benz subsidiary Accumotive on the Kamenz website (close to Dresden). In China for China – the EQC and the corresponding battery techniques are additionally produced in Beijing as of the tip of 2019 as a part of the Beijing Benz Automotive Co. Ltd three way partnership (BBAC). Capacities of the websites have been elevated step-by-step because the begin of manufacturing. “
Mercedes-Benz EQC battery pack manufacturing by the Deutsche ACCUmotive, in Kamenz, Germany
Mercedes-Benz EQC battery pack manufacturing in China
Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 specs:
- vary of 417 km (259 miles) (WLTP)
- vary of 445-471 km (277-293 miles) (NEDC)
- power consumption at 20.8 – 19.7 kWh/100 km (NEDC)
- 80 kWh battery pack (384 cells)
- battery pack weight of 625 kg
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.1 seconds
- high pace of 180 km/h (112 mph)
- twin motor all-wheel drive (two asynchronous motors)
- system output 300 kW (408 HP) and 760 Nm of torque
- AC charging 10-100% SOC takes 7 hours and half-hour (11 kW three-phase on-board charger)
- DC quick charging takes round 40 minutes (10-80% SOC)
- Size/width (incl. mirrors)/top: 4,761/1,884 (2,096) /1,623 mm
- Kerb weight (EC)/perm. GVW/payload (EC): 2,495/2,940/445 kg
- Baggage compartment (relying on gear fitted): approx. 500 l