In keeping with the official description, it is the primary international wi-fi charging commonplace that specifies, in a single doc, each the electrical vehicle- and provide tools (EVSE) ground-system necessities for wi-fi charging of electrical autos. It defines acceptable standards for interoperability, electromagnetic compatibility, EMF, minimal efficiency, security, and testing for wi-fi energy switch (WPT) of sunshine obligation plug-in electrical autos.
For now the SAE J2954 is simply about:
- easy one-way wi-fi charging (“unidirectional”) from the grid to the car
(bidirectional power switch could also be evaluated for a future commonplace)
- stationary software (charging whereas car shouldn’t be in movement)
(dynamic purposes could also be thought-about sooner or later)
- solely above-ground (floor mounted) installations are coated
(flush mounted installations have been mentioned however usually are not but prepared for inclusion)
- each house and public charging
- allows alignment for guide/autonomous parking
Picture description: “Practical parts of a Wi-fi Charging System include three main partitions:
(1) the grid-connected converter with its attendant GA coil for energy coupling, with a communication hyperlink to the car system (the GA);
(2) the vehicle-mounted VA coil with rectification, filtering parts, and charging management energy electronics crucial for regulation/security/shutdown when required, with a communications hyperlink to the infrastructure aspect (the VA);
and three) the secondary power storage system, battery administration system parts, and related modules crucial for in-vehicle communications (CAN, LIN) required for battery SOC, cost charge, and different crucial info (the power storage system).”
As soon as the car with a Automobile Meeting (VA) pad parks over a Floor Meeting (GA) pad – each SAE J2954-compatible – there’s a communication handshake and charging begins routinely (no bodily connection or any further actions wanted).
There are three energy ranges of the SAE J2954 wi-fi charging:
- WPT1: 3.7 kW
- WPT2: 7 kW
- WPT3: 11 kW
There isn’t any WPT4 (22 kW) that was hinted at just a few years in the past (however possibly it should seem in some unspecified time in the future sooner or later).
We guess that the working frequency of the magnetic resonance area between the transmitting pad on the bottom and a receiving pad remained at 85 kHz (81.39 – 90 kHz). Then it is transformed from AC to DC and goes into battery.
At a 10-in. (250-mm) floor clearance, the grid-to-battery effectivity is anticipated at as much as 94%.
- There are three overlapping ranges of car floor clearances from 100 to 250 mm (3.9 to 9.8 in.)
- Parking tolerances are:
- ±75 mm (3.0 in.) within the course of journey
- ±100 mm (3.9 in.) within the lateral course