A Tesla Mannequin 3 modified by Unplugged Efficiency (UP) has received a race within the All Japan EV Grand Prix in opposition to a Porsche Taycan Turbo S.
To prime it off, the highest efficiency electrical Porsche was on semi slick tires.
The All Japan EV Grand Prix tries to advertise electrification by placing among the greatest EVs on this planet in opposition to one another in a aggressive race state of affairs.
Largely Tesla autos are competing, however at an occasion at Fuji Speedway this weekend, there was additionally a Taycan Turbo S competing.
The electrical efficiency automobile boasts an 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.9 seconds, and Porsche has been demonstrating that it has important repeatable energy for an EV, making it viable in a race state of affairs.
Group Taisan x UP, the winners of the final season of the All Japan EV Grand Prix, was additionally competing, however with a Tesla Mannequin 3 modified by Unplugged Efficiency.
They took the win once more this weekend:
As you possibly can see, the Porsche Taycan really took the quickest lap of the day by a slim margin over the Unplugged Efficiency Mannequin 3, however Group Taisan beat the Taycan by a full minute total.
Due to this fact, the Taisan staff within the Mannequin 3 ended up being extra constant than the staff within the Porsche Taycan.
Unplugged is a Tesla efficiency modification and tuning firm. You’ll be able to suppose what AMG was to Mercedes-Benz earlier than the German automaker acquired them.
CEO Ben Schaffer supplied Electrek with an inventory of the modifications made to the Mannequin 3 used within the race, which might all be discovered on their website:
- Race Spec Coilovers
- Adjustable Billet Entrance Higher Management Arms
- 3 Means Adjustable Sway Bar Set
- Adjustable billet rear camber arms
- Adjustable billet rear toe arms
- Billet Top-Adjustable Rear Spring Arms
- Billet Rear Traction Arms
- Billet Rear Trailing Arms
- Rear competitors brake pads
- Metal braided brake traces
- The BFB Equipment – 6 Piston Carbon Ceramic Huge Brakes (with competitors pads)
- Enduro Drive Unit Oil Cooler and Magenetic Filter for Entrance and Rear Drive Models
- Ascension Entrance Fascia
- Yokohama Advan Wheels 18” Advan GT
- Yokohama Advan Tires 18” Advan A052
All these mods add as much as about $20,000, however a whole lot of that’s simply the brakes.
You may also win your own Tesla Model S modified by Unplugged Performance in a raffle by Omaze.
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.