Data have been meant to be damaged, and that’s precisely what six-time bike racing world champion Max Biaggi did on the Voxan Wattman electrical bike. After a powerful efficiency this previous weekend, he broke 5 world data and set six extra new data.
We first began reporting on the Voxan Wattman electric motorcycle earlier this summer when the bike was being prepped for the land velocity report.
The bike — which is definitely three bikes in streamlined, partially streamlined, and customary type — was constructed to be the quickest electrical bike on this planet. It’s cooled by dry ice and makes use of a 317 kW (425 hp) motor and 15.9 kWh battery.
Whereas that motor is round 4 instances as highly effective as most flagship electrical bikes such because the Zero SR/F and Harley-Davidson LiveWire, the battery capability is roughly equal to immediately’s main client electrical bikes. The foremost distinction is that the Voxan Wattman consumes a lot of its battery energy in a couple of runs, in comparison with most client electrical bikes that may journey for hours.
It was presupposed to make a run for the report books this previous summer season on the Salar de Uyuni salt flat in Bolivia, however attributable to disruptions brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, the try was postponed till 2021. However in a stroke of a very good luck (seemingly uncommon in 2020), the staff was in a position to push the timeline ahead by performing the report makes an attempt on the Châteauroux airfield in France.
The best velocity achieved in the course of the many runs was clocked at 408 km/h (254 mph).
Essentially the most sought-after report achieved by the staff was the “Partially streamlined electrical bike over 300 kilos” velocity report. Biaggi achieved a prime velocity of 366.94 km/h (228.05 mph) on the semi-streamlined Voxan Wattman throughout this run. Per FIM guidelines, the run was carried out over the course of 1 mile (1.6 km) in two reverse instructions and from a flying begin.
One other large win for Biaggi and his staff got here once they scooped up the report for the non-streamlined Voxan Wattman, attaining a prime velocity of 349.38 km/h (217.14 mph) on the bike.
Along with these two main wins, the staff got here away with 9 different data, proven beneath:
- – ¼ mile, flying begin, partially streamlined: 394.45 km/h (245.10 mph) – no earlier report
- – ¼ mile, flying begin, non-streamlined: 357.19 km/h (221.95 mph) – no earlier report
- – 1 km, flying begin, partially streamlined: 386.35 km/h (240.07 mph – earlier report: 329.31 km/h (204.62 mph)
- – ¼ mile, standing begin, non-streamlined: 126.20 km/h (78.42 mph) – no earlier report
- – ¼ mile, standing begin, partially streamlined: 127.30 km/h (79.10 mph) – earlier report: 87.16 km/h (54.16 mph)
- – 1 km, standing begin, non-streamlined: 185.56 km/h (115.30 mph) – no earlier report
- – 1 km, standing begin, partially streamlined: 191.84 km/h (119.20 mph) – earlier report: 122.48 km/h (76.11 mph)
- – 1 mile, standing begin, non-streamlined: 222.82 km/h (138.45 mph) – no earlier report
- – 1 mile, standing begin, partially streamlined: 225.01 km/h (139.81 mph) – no earlier report
Biaggi was understandably excited in regards to the staff’s efficiency, as he explained:
When Gildo Pastor, the president of the Venturi Group, approached me about this venture, I used to be curious, very motivated, and on the identical time a little bit unsure. Having mentioned that, proper after our first assembly, I rapidly realized that, like Gildo, his groups have been pushed by an unbelievable perception and willpower. They advised me ‘we got here near 600 km/h (373 mph) on 4 wheels, and now we wish to flirt with 400 km/h (249 mph) on two wheels, nothing’s going to cease us!’ These data make me a contented man! I’m happy with the staff and delighted to convey these titles again to Monaco!
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.
Subscribe to Electrek on YouTube for exclusive videos and subscribe to the podcast.