A cool factor about this specific challenge is that Rhyner Logistik has retrofitted the truck with photo voltaic panels (26) on the roof to energy the refrigeration unit.
We do not know the way a lot energy they’ll generate (just a few kW at peak we guess), but it surely’s an excellent thought to transform the daylight (which might usually warmth the car) to electrical energy to chill the cargo.
“To take its virtuous method one step additional, Rhyner Logistik determined to have photo voltaic panels fitted onto the car physique to supply inexperienced power for the refrigeration unit. This method is especially suited to temperature-controlled transport, as a result of it’s when outdoors temperatures are excessive – and the solar is due to this fact robust – that the cooling is most wanted.”
Renault Vehicles: 26-ton D Huge Z.E. fitted with photo voltaic panels in Rhyner Logistik fleet
In fact, it will be nice to energy your entire car that manner, but it surely is not going to occur even when the panels had 100% effectivity. For driving, it should be charged from an exterior electrical energy supply.
Hopefully, the 26-ton D Huge Z.E. will meet the expectations. Rhyner Logistik operates a fleet of 100 vehicles so electrification of the remainder will depend on the outcomes of the primary one.
Renault Vehicles: 26-ton D Huge Z.E. specs:
- Actual-world working vary: as much as 180 km (112 miles)
- Vitality storage: lithium-ion batteries, 200-265 kWh
- GVW: 26 tonnes. Weight: 27 tonnes
- Out there wheelbase: 3,900 mm
- Two electrical motors with a complete ranking of 370 kW (260 kW steady output)
- Most torque of electrical motors: 850 Nm
- Most torque rear axle: 28 kNm
- Two-speed gearbox
- a counterpart of the Volvo FE Electric